Re: two oddities/issues on dell poweredge 1850

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 01:42:06PM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
> The second one I've installed 5.99.55/amd64 on and as soon as the boot
> loader loads netbsd and it starts running, the blue "I'm a happy
> machine" LED is replaced by the flashing amber "I'm not happy" one but
> the system boots and appears to be fine other than the annoying
> flashing light.

Are all of the voltages within spec?  I.e., any signs of low batteries
or power supplies on their last legs?

Are you using a hardware RAID?  Is it happy?  Has one of your drives
possibly run out of spare sectors?

I ask because recently I resurrected a PowerEdge 1650 (different model
than yours, I know) that had a dwindling CR2032 on its motherboard, a
little 5V power supply on a riser card that burnt out, and a hardware
RAID that mysteriously stopped working until I rebuilt it.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24