Experiments with suspend machdep.sleep_state=3 on thinkpad T500

I thought I'd have a play with suspend/resume on NetBSD/amd64 5.99.55
- from the 26/8 NetBSD-daily build.

The machine has both Intel and ATI graphics hardware. With
"machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=1" the machine hangs hard on resume, with
the suspend LED still lit (if machdep.acpi_beep_on_reset=1 is set and
the ATI card enabled it usually hangs with the beep on).

With machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0 and the ATI hw enabled the system
comes back, but with no display (typing blind works).

With machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0 and the Intel hw enabled the system
comes back and the display works fine, however some devices fail to
configure on resume and the machine is extremely sluggish after resume
- a "dmesg > /root/dmesg.foo" may take 15 seconds to complete with no
disk activity light. A quick break into DDB indicates many processes
in tstile.

Tested boot -c and disabling cpu1 or iwn*, fwohci*, uhci*, ehci*
without any effect (apart from much shorter dmesg).

Is anyone using suspend/resume in -current?

Thanks