NetBSD on HP MicroServer

Hi!

A few days ago I got me a HP ProLiant MicroServer N36L. I have
installed NetBSD 5.99.55, as 5.1 hangs during boot on the USB bus, and
wouldn't recognize the NIC (when booted without ACPI to work around
the first problem). As far as I can tell, 5.99.55 works nice and
stable.

Two things I noticed:

1. I have attached a (cheap) USB keyboard to the machine. At first, it
works, but after being idle for some time, I get this error on every
keypress:

ehci1: missed microframe, TT reset not implemented, hub might be inoperational
ehci1: missed microframe, TT reset not implemented, hub might be inoperational
ehci1: missed microframe, TT reset not implemented, hub might be inoperational

Not a big deal, as the machine is usually headless.

2. I have one old binary, probably compiled about the time NetBSD
switched to ELF. Now I get on execution:

/vol/local/bin/rcinfo: bad tag 1: [8 4, 0 4, 01.0  PaX]

$ file /vol/local/bin/rcinfo
/vol/local/bin/rcinfo: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD, stripped

The binary works, but it gets executed in my .tcshrc, so it's a bit annoying.

And a question: I noticed that -current includes ZFS. Is this still
the version from GSoC2009, that according to its description I
wouldn't use for any real data? Is there active development?

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/