btpin - setting blank passwords

Hi,

I have just purchased a bluetooth mouse.  The only instructions are for
windows, and they state when pairing with the device use no password.

I have queried the device and it wants to connect in auth mode.

I have tried 0000 and "" in btpin amongst many others with no success.

So my question is is it possible to set a null pin?

I have also tried to pair with the device without running btpin and I had no
success.

Any suggestions (besides a different mouse)?

Regards,

Nat.