Re: ACPI woes on Compaq laptop

On Thu 28 Jul 2011 at 22:56:01 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> By a process of elimination, I found that if I "boot netbsd -c" and
> disable ALL of the following, then it works (at least I tested for a few
> hours):
>
>     acpibat
>         vga
>       out
>       wmi
>       dalb
>       tz
>       cpu
>       ec

Bah, I spoke too soon about a recent -current fixing this problem. I
just tried it again, from a cold boot, and within minutes it froze up
again. Worse, even with the above list of drivers disabled, the same
thing happened again!

This seems like one of those initialisation problems, where a working
kernel puts some device in a good state so that it keeps working, and
you don't notice it with a bad kernel unless it boots very cold...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor