Re: (amd64) Boot loader's "load" command not working?

In Message <Pine.NEB.4.64.1107310724300.5358%screamer.whooppee.com@localhost>,
   Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>wrote:

=>While looking into my amdtemp problem, I discovered that the boot loader
=>is no longer processing "load" commands, neither interactively from the
=>prompt nor from the /boot.cfg file.  In either case, modstat shows that
=>the specified module(s) are not loaded.  (The only module shown with
=>source=boot is ffs, the root filesystem.)
=>
=>Has anything changed in this area recently?

   Interesting. This would explain why my usual method of installing
from a release build by putting:

menu=Install NetBSD:load /miniroot.kmod;boot install

   in my boot.cfg and these links:

lrwxrwxr-x   1 root  wheel          92 Jan 24  2011 miniroot.kmod@ ->
usr/obj/distrib/amd64/cdroms/installcd.amd64/cdrom/amd64/installation/miniroot/miniroot.kmod
lrwxrwxr-x   1 root  wheel          56 Jan 24  2011 amd64@ ->
usr/obj/distrib/amd64/cdroms/installcd.amd64/cdrom/amd64
lrwxrwxr-x   1 root  wheel          57 Jan 24  2011 install@ ->
usr/obj/distrib/amd64/cdroms/installcd.amd64/cdrom/netbsd

   in / hit a panic in scan_sig+0x52 today, but the install CD worked.

                                        Gary Duzan