Re: OpenSSL connection timeout

ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost said:
> Using NetBSD/i386 5.99.55, I cannot connect to following servers with
> OpenSSL 1.0.1-stable 05 Jun 2011.

I'm not a big expert in SSL/TLS things, but since noone else
did answer so far:
current OpenSSL seems to try TLS1.2 initially. It seems that
there are servers which just hang after such a connection
attempt instead of engaging in negotiation.

> % openssl s_client -connect www.netbk.co.jp:443 -ssl3
> works well.

tls1 too. tls1_1 fails immediately. tls1_2 hangs.

So either our openssl to too new for this world, or these
servers are too old/buggy...

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt