Re: bad cd features descriptor

  > +#ifdef DIAGNOSTIC
  > +                       KASSERT(pos + 8 <= feat_tbl_len);
  > +#endif /* DIAGNOSTIC */
  on a pure stylish pov., what's the point of these #ifdef ... #endif ?
  AFAIK, KASSERT() should already be conditionally defined whether or
  not DIAGNOSTIC.

Sorry, I am showing my age; it used to be if(foo)panic inside
DIAGNOSTIC.  I'm happy to remove the ifdefs.
(I do mean KASSERT here; if the code above is right, even with arbitrary
input, the KASSERT should never trigger.  The previous code asserted
about values returned from the device, which seems incorrect.)