Re: Strange system hangs

On Mon 27 Jun 2011 at 06:33:45 -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> However, if I log in as root on one of the other machines, I can
> still ping(8) the failed box.

Up to that paragraph, it seemed the same as I have seen on my laptop.
An older -current (the one I usually use is from January I think) does
not have the problem. But in my case, the machine doesn't even respond
to pings, and it would also happen in idle situations, even in one case
in single user mode.

At first I thought it was related to acpicpu, but after various trial
runs I had a freeze with a recent -current without acpicpu as wel (more
precise: I had it disabled with userconf, boot netbsd.test -c).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor