Re: Problems booting -current installer from DVD

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 07:37:29PM -0300, Silas Silva wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just compiled -current and tried to boot in my computer.  During the
> boot, it stopped after some weird messages:

*snip snip*
>     boot device: cd0
>     root on cd0a dumps on cd0b
>     vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
>     cannot mount root, error = 6
>     root device (default cd0a):
>
> What could be happening?

I have just seen the same thing.  The root filesystem is not at cd0a as
expected, but at cd0d.  Type that at the root device prompt and see if
it doesn't help.

I remember seeing the ISO9660 filesystem move from cd0a once before.  I
don't remember why, or what was changed to move it back.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24