Re: X + vts

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:53:28 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 01:52:13PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
On i386-current of Apr 26, I find that switching virtual terminals no
longer works once X has been switched away from once.

This probably depends on the exact X driver you are using, please post
your /var/log/Xorg.0.log (or relevant excerpts).

I've seen this behavior, too, slightly earlier than that.  Drivers:

  vesa
  nv
  sis

See:

  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/nbsd-debug/Xorg.0.log-SKULD
  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/nbsd-debug/Xorg.0.log-FRED
  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/nbsd-debug/Xorg.0.log-DRMEMORY

Anything that launches the X server will do this so startx/xinit works
just as well for testing.

Once the X server is killed, vt input is restored.

On one machine I posted about before, see:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2011/04/12/msg016312.html

(which is the machine "SKULD" in the logfiles listed above), I had to
explicitly disable "DontVTSwitch" and "DontZap" when using the vesa
driver even though they are supposed to be off by default.  That worked
until about 21 April or so (5.99.49).  After that, the problem which is
the subject of this thread appeared.