Re: Fwd: Problem with SQLite 3.7.6

apb%cequrux.com@localhost said:
> Around line 24410 of sqlite3.c (in sqlite version 3.0.7.2) appears
> this code:
> [...]
>   24416 #define osOpen      ((int(*)(const
> char*,int,...))aSyscall[0].pCurrent)

This is the fixed version of sqlite3. The bug was present
in 3.7.6 and 3.7.6.1.

> However, NetBSD declares open() as
>    int open(const char *, int, mode_t);
> [...]
> NetBSD is not compliant here

Sure? What version are you referring to?
Even 1.6Q (which I run on some DECstation) has the varargs declaration.

> it would probably make
> sense for sqlite to add an autoconf test for this, and to define
> osOpen with either "..." or "mode_t"

I'd say "don't panic", unless an OS shows up which gets it really wrong
and which is worth supporting. There was a bug and it was a quite
interesting bug, but it should be OK now.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Besuchen Sie uns auf unserem neuen Webauftritt unter www.fz-juelich.de