Re: Filesystem tests crashing host

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, David Holland wrote:

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 09:08:00PM +0100, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> Thanks!  So it happens because somebody unloads the ksem module.  That is
> an interesting bug (which makes me think that there is a potential for it
> in other modularised subsystems).

...of course there is, you need to lock modules in place while they're
being used.

Yes, the module's modcmd() return non-zero if a request is made to unload the module while being used. Otherwise, an auto-loaded module can easily be auto-unloaded.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |