Re: Looking for NAS Hardware

On 8 April 2011 16:37, Stephen Borrill <> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Thomas Klausner wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations for NAS Hardware.
I have some spare hard disks and want to use them in a dedicated low
power NAS box that should run NetBSD.

My requirements are basically:
. fits 4x 3,5" SATA disks
. Gigabit LAN
. Low Power (i.e. not a desktop PC)
. available :)

Does an HP Microserver count or does that not fit bullet point 3?

Would that be something like: (140 pounds after cashback).
Is anyone on the list running NetBSD on one, and also does anyone have a good pci-e network card recommendation?