Re: fsck_root and swap1 rcorder

"Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that rc.d/fsck_root is run before rc.d/swap1.
> But rc.d/swap1 is run before rc.d/fsck.
>
> Shouldn't swap1 come before all fsck invocations?

Why?  It seems straigthening out the root fs is fundamental and one
wishes to do as little as possible before finishing that.

With the traditional small root, that seems fine.  I suppose if people
have 500G root filesystems then they might need swap space to complete
fsck.  Or did you have another concern?