Re: Failing ssp tests

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 09:39:59AM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
>> As an example, doing "echo adlkfjldskfjd | ./h_fgets 11" in
>> src/tests/lib/libc/ssp results in a crash with the binary built with
>> USETOOLS=no, but not with the one built with nbmake-amd64 (i.e. the
>> ones I have in destdir or in /usr/tests/lib/libc/ssp).
>
> Works for me (TM). Fresh release build installed into a VM, all tests
> crash as expected.

I can imagine it is working well for you and pretty much everyone
else; otherwise we might have already seen complaints from the
continuous testers ;-)

What I'm trying to figure out is what can be causing ssp to not work
when I'm using nbmake-amd64.  If you take a look at the build logs I
pasted in the original mail, the gcc commands run in the tools vs.
non-tools cases are exactly the same -- with the exception of the
paths used.  That said, the host system should be the same as that in
the destdir because I installed the new release sets onto / ...

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv