Re: PaX ASLR broken due TLS

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:20:31 +0200, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:

> I have very limited time currently. But you should be able to reproduce this
> also by trying to recompile editors/emacs-nox11 with
>
>       security.pax.aslr.enabled = 1
>       security.pax.aslr.global = 1
>
> in which case
>
> ===> Building for emacs-nox11-23.2
> [1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/env USE...
> *** Error code 139

Is that from temacs?  Was you existing emacs compiled without ASLR
turned on?

I checked emacs22 sources that I had handy and etc/PROBLEMS explicitly
says that emacs will not compile on RedHat with ASLR and/or
exec-shield (whatever that is).

From what I used to know about emacs undump, this is to be expected
(as I already pointed out in another email).

I'm actually suprised that it used to work before with ASLR but
without Joerg's commit.  Or did I misunderstand?

-uwe