Re: i386/amd64 install CD suddenly much less robust

> It appears someome made sysinst ignore ^Z and restart itself on ^C.

Not suddenly at all. It has changed since the last April.

> One of the best things about our install CD was always that you could
> just hit ^C or ^Z and fix, adjust, or look at details quickly by hand
> in the middle of the install.  Now we can't.  And what have we gained
> by this?

Now sysinst is invoked from getty on multiuser environment
(at least on i386, sparc64, and amd64), but I think
what we need are commands to invoke shell and abort sysinst,
not plain ^C and ^Z (for experts who rarely use installer).

---
Izumi Tsutsui