Re: lots of applications dump core: pthread_mutex_lock

On Fri Feb 25 2011 at 10:07:13 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> After updating my 5.99.45 userland from about three weeks back to
> yesterday's 5.99.46 current, many applications immediately dump
> core. The applications were build from scratch for 5.99.45.
>
> # firefox
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  firefox
> # filezilla
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  filezilla
> # mpd
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  mpd
> # okular
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  okular
> # konqueror
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  konqueror

Don't worry, it's probably another EST problem.  At least the test
failures I reported yesterday were brushed off as EST problems.  As is
well-known, EST causes crashes in code like this:

0xbbbd45c5 <fcntl+21>:  mov    %gs:0x0,%edi

So just disable EST and firefox should run fine.  Now I just need to
figure out how to disable EST in qemu.

--
älä karot toivorikkauttas, kyl rätei ja lumpui piisaa