Re: Any users of EST_FREQ_USERWRITE and INTEL_ONDEMAND_CLOCKMOD?

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:26:33AM -0500, Jared McNeill wrote:
> As far as user interfaces not being compatible -- estd has no problem with
> it. As I said, the order of preference should be:
>
>   - ACPI
>   - native EST / powernow
>   - ODCM

Fine if you think that is necessary. As said, I disagree. We should not
promote things that are meant for short-term thermal management as power
management features. Using ODCM with estd(1) may bring the system to a
grinding halt.

- Jukka.