Re: current best practice for booting >2TiB volumes?

Matthew Mondor writes:
- On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:09:39 -0600
- eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen) wrote:
-
- > When I attempt to boot (after relocating wd2/3 to wd0/1), the gpt
- > mbr loads bootxx_ffsv1, but bootxx_ffsv1 complains it can't find
- > /boot in the root filesystem.
-
- Is your FS really an FFSv1 one?  Otherwise you will probably want to
- install the bootxx_ffsv2 loader instead.  FFSv2 supports larger file
- systems than FFSv1, but of course that might not be a problem for
- your / ...

I didn't explicitly make it a FFSv2 fs, (or anything else), just
used the defaults on newfs.

dumpfs says it's an FFSv1 filesystem.

I'll try bootxx_ffsv2, but I don't expect much change.. :(

(will bootxx_ffsv2 boot an FFSv1 filesystem?  If so, why are
there two distinct boot loaders?)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com