NetBSD EC2 progress

Dear lists,

Some people asked me to make my EC2 work a bit more public, so you could
be aware of NetBSD progress regarding Amazon EC2 support.

For now, NetBSD is capable of running 64 bits instances. 32 bits support
is not quite functional yet, it's still a WIP. (I have not yet managed
to find time to work on that part :o )

I wrote an article on our wiki [1] to explain how you can make this
happen. It's not finished, but is enough to get you started, if you want
to fly through the cloud world.

When the 32 bits support is fixed (hopefully, in a reasonable time frame
:) ), I will make certain 32/64 bits AMIs public.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Colin Percival (of
FreeBSD fame) for his help; all of this could not have been made
possible without him.

[1] http://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/

Cheers,

--