Re: multimedia keys

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> schrieb:
> I tried using the example config from usbhidaction(8), but get:
> usbhidaction: config file `/etc/usbhidaction.conf', line 2, HID item not
> found: `Consumer:Consumer_Control.Consumer:Volume_Up'
>
> # usbhidctl  -f uhid0 -a
> usbhidctl: USB_GET_REPORT(input) [probably not supported by device]:
> Input/output error
>
> # usbhidctl -f uhid0 -r
> Report descriptor:
> Input   size=16 count=1 Array page=Consumer usage=Unassigned..0x03ff, logical
> range 0..1023
> Collection page=Consumer usage=Consumer_Control
> Total   input size 2 bytes
> Total  output size 0 bytes
> Total feature size 0 bytes
>
> It also attaches a uhid1, but that looks unrelated:
> # usbhidctl -f uhid1 -r
> Report descriptor:
> Collection page=Generic_Desktop usage=System_Control
> Input   size=1 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=System_Power_Down, logical
> range 0..1
> Input   size=1 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=System_Sleep, logical range
> 0..1
> Input   size=1 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=System_Wake_Up, logical
> range 0..1
> End collection
> Total   input size 1 bytes
> Total  output size 0 bytes
> Total feature size 0 bytes
>
> What next?

Unless someone involved with uhid has an idea, I would probably
boot a different operating system and look whether it works there.
If so, perhaps your keyboard needs a quirk present elsewhere which
could be ported over?
Certainly, "usbhidctl -f uhid0 -a" should output something besides
the error (which occurs for my otherwise working USB keyboard as
well, so I think it's harmless).

--
Dennis den Brok