i386 -current panic

Hi,

Less than two days old system gives me repeatable panic - apparently
under load. I was able to take crash dump - in case anyone is
interested, http://www.spidersweb.co.uk/~ci/netbsd/ .

[loan8] /var/crash # uname -a
NetBSD loan8 5.99.43 NetBSD 5.99.43 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Jan  5 14:54:45
GMT 2011  root@uksup2:/usr/obj/usr-current/i386/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386

This happens running 'make test' in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/sbcl, the initial
message is as follows (manually taken):

uvm_fault(0xc0af500,0,1)->0xe
fatal page fault in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code 0 eip c06e3770 cs 8 eflags 10246 cr2 4 ilevel 0
kernel: supervisor trap page fault, code=0
Stopped in pid 0.48 (system) at netbsd:uvmpdpol_selectvictim+0xd0:
cmpl
$
0xc09a0ccc,0x4(%esi)

then in gdb:

[loan8] /var/crash # gdb netbsd.1
GNU gdb 6.5
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols found)

(gdb) target kvm netbsd.1.core
#0  0xc04c8641 in cpu_reboot ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xc04c8641 in cpu_reboot ()
#1  0xc024a38a in db_reboot_cmd ()
#2  0xc024aa61 in db_command ()
#3  0xc024ace9 in db_command_loop ()
#4  0xc025079e in db_trap ()
#5  0xc024d6de in kdb_trap ()
#6  0xc0660fa7 in trap ()
#7  0xc010cff8 in calltrap ()
#8  0xc06e3770 in uvmpdpol_selectvictim ()
#9  0xc06e2c61 in uvm_pageout ()
#10 0xc0100321 in lwp_trampoline ()
(gdb) kvm proc 0xcd71c2c0   -- the address of one of the two sbcl processes --
#0  0xc04a39fe in mi_switch ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xc04a39fe in mi_switch ()
#1  0xc04a0eac in sleepq_block ()
#2  0xc0481471 in cv_wait ()
#3  0xc06e8df0 in biowait ()
#4  0xc06e4ab0 in uvm_swap_io ()
#5  0xc06e4b49 in uvm_swap_get ()
#6  0xc06d51ba in uvmfault_anonget ()
#7  0xc06d6003 in uvm_fault_internal ()
#8  0xc06613ac in trap ()
#9  0xc010cff8 in calltrap ()
(gdb)

(this system has been running 5.99.39 since mid-September as later
releases did panic on boot at the discovery of the system disk - sd0
on an

ahc1 at pci3 dev 9 function 0: Adaptec aic7892 Ultra160 SCSI adapter

and this was the first version I've tried for some time, which did not
do that; otherwise it has been pretty reliable, I don't think this is
hardware-related).

A second VirtualBox machine running the same release rebooted
overnight during pkg_rolling-replace; I also had one inexplicable
reset on my T61p laptop under the same version of the system, this
time amd64, but has been behaving today ( again full 'make' and 'make
test' on sbcl).

Anyone else having similar problems?

Chavdar Ivanov

--