Re: HEADS-UP: mpc85xx support coming to HEAD

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 02:46:06AM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
> Having gotten approval from DARPA to release the mpc85xx I did
> for them, I'm about to commit that support to the tree.
>
> part of this work included adding support for fast soft interrupts,
> revamping how trapframes are done (intrframes are just partially
> filled trapframes), etc.

Cool.

> OEA and the new Booke platforms work.  IBM4xx still need some work on
> their exception code to deal with the new world order.

Have you considered putting your work on a branch and giving ibm4xx
folks a chance to fix things on the branch before merging?  Or are
the changes done in such a way that they will continue to work on
the trunk until they're switched over?

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  -  briggs%ninthwonder.com@localhost