Re: Cannot boot amd64 image

On 31.12.2010 09:47, Julio Merino wrote:
>> OK I figured this out:
>>
>>> modules off
>>> boot cd0a:netbsd
>>
>> This time kernel boots OK and this gets me into sysinstall.
>
> Same thing here.  Running "modules off" did the trick.

Hmm, so this problem is more widespread than I thought.

Could both of you send me their dmesg (in the context where boot fails,
eg. inside VM when you are under VMWare)?

I wanted to track down this issue, however, I tested it on all kind of
machines (virtualized or not) I have currently at my disposal, and never
managed to trigger it again: it seems to be specific to certain setups.

Something useful might appear in the dmesg...

Thanks!

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost