should divide-by-zero generate a SIGFPE?

As some of you have noticed, I've been slowly migrating some of the old src/regress tests to the new atf format. I've discovered that the test for SIGFPE in src/regress/lib/libc/siginifo/sigfpe/ doesn't work. It attempts trigger a signal by

                double d = strtod("0", NULL);
                sigaction(SIGFPE, &sa, NULL);
                printf("%g\n", 1 / d);

But the routine specified in sa.sa_sigaction does not get called, and the test fails.

So, is this expected behavior? I did a quick bug search and didn't find anything relevant.

If this is expected, is there some other way to reliably generate a SIGFPE?

BTW, if it matters, I'm doing this on port-amd64.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |