Re: thank you for the updated compat_linux,rpm2pkg,emulators/suse113*, etc.

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 08:57:33AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 12:24:10PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > I modified following lines in multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin/Makefile
> > as ugly hack:
> >
> > MASTER_SITES=       http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/
> > EMUL_REQD=          suse>=11.3
> > FLASH_VERS=         10.1.102.65
> > DISTNAME=           install_flash_player_10_${DISTUNAME}
> > WRKSRC=                     ${WRKDIR}
> >
> > Of course you also have to update distinfo.
>
> I don't think that is an ugly hack, I think that is the correct change.
> The current version is old, outdated and insecure. SuSE 10.x are
> better of with "ns-flash" anyway.

IMHO ns-flash should be just removed because I think that version does not
get updates from Adobe and is much more worse then the current
adobe-flash-plugin
which works with the suse100 packages.

So the old version should stay for the people who can't use the suse113
packages.
Maybe create a new package which use the suse113 packages but keep the old
version.

Bernd