Re: installer freezes on Dell SC1435

On 12/5/10 1:20 PM, xxyton wrote:
Dear list,

I tried to install NetBSD current on a Dell SC1435 but it freezes (even with no smp / no acpi options).

You can find a screenshot here: http://i56.tinypic.com/339j8jl.gif

What can I do to figure out what's causing the installer to freeze?
The hardware is neither brand new, nor exotic.

I once had problems with a Dell machine and it turned out to be (IIRC) an interrupt conflict between the audio and network cards where the audio driver could not cope with the situation. Of course, that was a very different machine so this might not be related, but to give a try: boot the system with "boot -c" and then "disable azalia*".