Re: Cross-building on Mac OS X with -isysroot

Adam <adam%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I am cross-buildling NetBSD on Mac OS X with -isysroot in
> HOST_CPPFLAGS, but nbhost-mkdep does not understand -isysroot flag. I
> would like to have the following patch applied:
>
> diff -u -r1.18 host-mkdep.in --- tools/host-mkdep/host-mkdep.in 20 Feb
> 2010 15:04:03 -0000 1.18 +++ tools/host-mkdep/host-mkdep.in 14 Nov
> 2010 07:05:16 -0000 @@ -148,7 +148,7 @@ cppargs=${cppargs%x} ;;
>
> - -[IDU]|-include|-isystem) + -[IDU]|-include|-isystem|-isysroot) set
> -- "$@" "$1" "$2" shift 2 cppargs=${cppargs%xx}
>
> Okay to commit?

I have built netbsd on OS X ok and haven't run into this.  But I never
tried -isysroot.

I don't object, but I don't understand.  In theory the host compiler is
used only to build tools, and then the netbsd cross tools build the
rest.  So are you really finding a case where host environment is
bleeding through when it shouldn't be?  Or is this about the ability to
use an alternate host environment that's somehow not installed in the
normal place to be the host environment?