Re: New atf test cases fail on port-amd64

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010, Julio Merino wrote:

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>
wrote:
This is with sources updated as of 2010-11-07 17:50:03 UTC...  The tests
were run under anita/qemu after a completely clean 'build.sh release'

atf/atf-c++/atf_c++_test        include                   Failed
   Test case timed out after 30 seconds

atf/atf-c++/macros_test         include                   Failed
   Test case timed out after 30 seconds

Hmm... interesting.  Maybe the new timeout is too low for the emulated
system :-/  I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow.

OK, thanks!

Be aware that there are some clock/timing issues running NetBSD-amd64 under qemu. Just try

        # date;sleep 5; date
        Sun Nov  7 20:31:35 UTC 2010
        Sun Nov  7 20:31:45 UTC 2010
        #

Real-time clock is accurate (as compared to an external clock), but interrupt/clockticks runs at only half-speed.

For some timecounters (clockinterrupt and lapic) the real-time clock is also wrong - it reports only 5 seconds elapsed even though the external clock shows 10 seconds.

atf/atf-run/config_test       read_config_files_none      Failed
  Line 354: vars_map() == impl::read_config_files("test-suite") not met

atf/atf-run/integration_test  require_user_unprivileged   Failed
   atf-check failed; see the output of the test for details

I committed a fix for these right after the import.  Maybe your update
didn't pick them up?

Yeah, looks like I missed that commit by about 5 minutes. I'll know for sure when the next build-and-test pass completes - probably about 3.5 hours from now.

Thanks!

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |