Re: Strange system behavior

Earlier today, Brett Lymm wrote:

update the bios?  I had weird memory problems when the MTRR settings
were not being set correctly by the BIOS - an update fixed this.

Nice try, but no luck!

I found a newer BIOS rev on ASUS website and installed it, but still have the same problem. nbmandoc still gets a segv while processing a .html file. It's now failing on a different file, but failing in the identical manner. (It seems that everything I change causes it to move to a new file, but the failure mode doesn't change.)

I think I'll stop at the parts store later today and get a new power supply.....

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |