More select breakage?

Hello,

I have just updated to 3.99.36 (sources as of an hour ago) from
3.99.35 and at least two programs have stopped working.  Based on the
error messages and some trivial code analysis, I believe this is still
related to the select/poll breakage (which should have already been
fixed but doesn't seem to be).

For example:

$ pulseaudio
W: pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
W: core.c: failed to allocate shared memory pool. Falling back to a
normal memory pool.
W: module.c: module-hal-detect is deprecated: Please use
module-udev-detect instead of module-hal-detect!
E: rtpoll.c: Assertion '(i->pollfd[0].revents & ~0x0001) == 0' failed
at pulsecore/rtpoll.c:532, function asyncmsgq_read_after(). Aborting.
Abort trap

Or:

$ mtn pull
enter passphrase for key ID [jmmv%NetBSD.org@localhost] (6ea96157...):
mtn: connecting to mtn.julipedia.org
mtn: fatal: error: network/session_base.cc:174: I(!outbuf.empty())
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
mtn: and a description of what you were doing to
monotone-devel%nongnu.org.@localhost
mtn: wrote debugging log to /home/jmmv/os/atf/1/_MTN/debug
mtn: if reporting a bug, please include this file

(the code leading to this crash calls select and populates outbuf afterwards)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Julio Merino