Re: recommended video card?

On 07/06/2010 17:20, Greg Troxel wrote:
   any recommendations for a video card?  I'd want it to plug in to a
   recent motherboard, and to work well with the xorg drivers in the
   netbsd-5 base system.  I don't care about 3D etc. - this is for
   xterm/emacs plus gnome but for writing code not gaming.

Oddly enough, the fact that my nVidia 9800 GX2 doesn't have any 3D acceleration under NetBSD is the only thing that keeps Linux on my system :)

Maybe a GSOC project (obviously for next year now) would be to improve the state of affairs with NetBSD vs Linux for 3D goodness.

Thanks

Roy