Re: iwn, wpa_supplicant, and wpa2 enterprise

On 06/04/10 02:54, Sverre Froyen wrote:
I see a "iwn0: cannot assign link-local address" message on the console, which
could be from a dhcpcd triggered iwn_ioctl call that fails because of the rev
1.94 change, thereby causing a dhcpcd failure.

That's not a dhcpcd message. Probably refers to the link-local IPv6 address.

If, this is correct, delaying the call to dhcpcd until the interface is
associated would be a fix. Perhaps wpa_supplicant could sprout an option not to
return until that is the case :-)

dhcpcd listens to kernel events on the interface.
So wireless drivers need to sprout another status to report link status

Currently they all report ACTIVE when they have associated, regardless if encryption/decryption works or not. At least, I think that's the case - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, it won't stop dhcpcd from working - it just delays address acquisition a small bit.