xorg key repeat broken?

I've just upgraded an amd64 workstation from a build last December,
to one built from 20100523T0002 UTC. And my key repeat in X is
acting "weird". I use "xset r rate 500 50", and what I get is about
500ms before first repeat, then about 500ms of key repeats at 50 per
second, and then it drops to around 3 per second and never recovers.

Anyone else seeing this?

--
Paul Ripke
-- Douglas Adams