Re: enhanced speed step on AMD64

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 09:58:55AM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Sun, 23 May 2010, bch%methodlogic.net@localhost wrote:
>
> > Is anybody else running this chip w/ Speedstep working correctly? I've
> > got "options         ENHANCED_SPEEDSTEP" enabled in my kernel -- is
> > there something else I need?
>
> I don't know about that chip, but I have it enabled and running here on
> i386 and there is nothing in the dmesg about it as there are only
> aprint_debug() in est.c (try boot -x to enable those)
>
> also, you can see "sysctl machdep.est" output, eg
>
> machdep.est.frequency.target = 1000
> machdep.est.frequency.current = 1000
> machdep.est.frequency.available = 2000 1833 1667 1500 1333 1167 1000
>
> and finally you can use sysutils/estd from pkgsrc to manage the active
> frequency adaptations depending on system load..

Yup, and none of that works -- I've got a Pentium M with speedstep
successfully running, so I'm aware of the interface, etc. Was wondering
if something changed in the meantime that I missed... I'll leave this
thread out there in the hope that someone can shed some light, or set
me on the right path...

at sh prompt:
kamloops# sysctl machdep.est
sysctl: second level name 'est' in 'machdep.est' is invalid
kamloops#

--
Brad Harder
Method Logic Digital Consulting