Questions about using agr(4)

I have a Dell switch that while it doesn't support LACP, does support static link aggregation. From reading the agr(4) man page, it looks like I should be able to set link1 on the agr interface, and it should work just fine. First-step testing shows it does, although it also seems to also work without link1. Anyone know why that is?

  The questions I have, many of which may've been asked before, are:

1) Is there an "easier" way to remove addresses (in my case, the IPv6 link-local address) from the component interfaces beyond hard- coding it into an ifconfig.bge0 file (or, I guess, in rc.conf variables) ? It just seems a shame to have to work that hard at that. 2) My agr0 shows the capabilities of the underlying interfaces, including various checksum calculation offloading. If I want to use/ enable and of these, should that be done to each and every underlying interface, or to the agr, or both?

  Thanks...

                             - Chris