Re: booting modular kernel

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:33:55PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
> On Oct 6,  2:43pm, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:
> }
> } Is it documented somewhere that one needs to tell the bootloader to
> } enable modules?
>
>      No, for the simple reason that you don't need to do that.  If you
> use a new enough version of /boot and modules are available, it will
> automatically load the appropriate filesystem module.

It would still be nice to have some sort of doc about that, in order for
instance to be able to boot a modular kernel with grub directly, instead
of having to rely on chainloading the netbsd loader.
This used to work with non modular kernels. For modular kernels, since
ffs module is not loaded, it ends up not being able to mount the root
fs.
It might be as simple as listing modules in the modules section of grub,
but since I did not find any documentation, I did go back to
chainloading.

regards,
antoine