Re: Fwd: installing NetBSD/amd64-current on a ThinkPad X201

On 11 May 2010 22:16,  <bch%methodlogic.net@localhost> wrote:
>> Pouya D. Tafti <p.d.tafti%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
[...]
>> >2. Is the integrated Intel GMA HD graphics adapter supported in NetBSD
>> >(with either native or modular X.Org)?
[...]
> Via "vesa", and v-e-r-y slow.

While I'm waiting for the laptop to arrive (I was told the delay is
due to volcanic ash), would there be any chance that you could provide
a dmesg?  I'm wondering how much effort would be needed to add support
for this adapter.  In my naÃve (and wishful) thinking, I'm hoping that
it will work with a minimally updated agp_intel.c together with a
recent x86-video-intel driver for modular X.Org.

Thanks,
Pouya