NetBSD vs. Dell XPS 1645 I7-720QM

G'day Folks,

It was time to replace the old laptop as it became unreliable after four years
of hard work. The new laptop arrived a few days ago and naturally I tried to
get NetBSD to run on it. The system is a Dell XPS Studio 1645, I7-720QM, 6GB
memory, ATI HD4670 1GB and Windows 7 pre-installed. The NTFS partition was
reduced using GParted. Has anyone NetBSD running on this system and if so,
which kernel and configuration was required? NetBSD-5.0.2 doesn't boot and
NetBSD-current makes it to the point of trying to mount the root device. At
this point neither internal nor USB keyboard work. Any help will be very much
appreciated.

cheerio Berndt