Re: build problems with MKPIE in -current

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 09:38:07PM +0200, Piotr Meyer wrote:
> In usr.sbin/crash I got (more at

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I made small progress: I have little knowledge in ld, but I found section
 not mentioned in default ld script (.note.netbsd.ident in vers.o).
I manually copy following fragment from src/sys/arch/i386/conf/kern.ldscript

  .note.netbsd.ident :

and put it into default ld script. After that I was able to build 'crash':

Crash version 5.99.27, image version 5.99.25.
WARNING: versions differ, you may not be able to examine this image.
Output from a running system is unreliable.

It still isn't final solution or, even, workaround for build process, but may
be helpful for developers fixing this issue, I hope.

PS. "My" ldscript is available at

Piotr 'aniou' Meyer