Re: Check condition on CDB

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 01:46:22PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> > Well, again the message is quite clear: the drive didn't detect
> > any media in the tray.
>
> Booting from an install cd and then having sysinst telling me,
> there is no media present sounds like a bad joke to me.

Are you sure you booted from cd0 ? I see more and more management
devices providing virtual devices (such as a virtual cd or virtual
USB key) which often probes before the real devices ...

> I call this a bug (or missing feature).
> Are we missing support for a (S)ATA command ?

The driver issued a 'test unit ready', the drive reported an error condition,
the driver issued a 'request sense', the drive reported "no medium present'.
The same sequence works fine with my drive.