Re: Trackpoint in the Thinkpad notebook

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 05:35:16PM -0600, ficovh wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> from the beginning I'm using Thinkpad notebook's, but always having
> problems with Trackpoint, sometimes it work fine, sometimes it don't .
> Anyone has success using correctly the IBM trackpoint ? My currents
> noteboks are T61 and T43p.

I've never had a problem with my T61. I have the touchpad disabled via the
BIOS, but the trackpoint and buttons work just fine. Even when I plug in a usb
mouse, the trackpoint and buttons are still 100% operational. Here is my mouse
section of xorg.conf:

        Section "InputDevice"
                Identifier      "Mouse1"
                Driver          "mouse"
                Option          "Protocol"      "wsmouse"
                Option          "Device"        "/dev/wsmouse"
                Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"           # for usb mouse
        EndSection

        # in Section "ServerLayout"
                InputDevice     "Mouse1"        "CorePointer"

--
Christopher Berardi
http://www.natoufa.com/

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)