Re: unhooking lfs from ufs

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 06:35:12PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
 > Since the original disussion I looked into this a bit and I'm not
 > convinced it's a good idea.  I'm afraid if we unhook lfs from ffs it will
 > suffer from extreme bitrot.  Even with the current situation it was
 > completely nonfunctional four months ago.

Yes, the idea here is to get it fixed. Currently, it's broken largely
because it's a mess. Sharing ufs is a substantial part of why it's a
mess.

Anyhow, it seems to me that isolating it from changes to ffs is likely
to result in less breakage over time, not more. Can you expand on your
reasoning some?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost