Re: unhooking lfs from ufs

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 06:35:12PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
 > Since the original disussion I looked into this a bit and I'm not
 > convinced it's a good idea.  I'm afraid if we unhook lfs from ffs it will
 > suffer from extreme bitrot.  Even with the current situation it was
 > completely nonfunctional four months ago.

Yes, the idea here is to get it fixed. Currently, it's broken largely
because it's a mess. Sharing ufs is a substantial part of why it's a

Anyhow, it seems to me that isolating it from changes to ffs is likely
to result in less breakage over time, not more. Can you expand on your
reasoning some?

David A. Holland