(cross) compiling INSTALL kernel for vax fails

Hi,

with -current source cvs updated some minutes ago I got the
following runnig "build.sh ... release" for vax (tried on
both NetBSD/amd64 and Solaris/x86):

[...]
making sure the compat library is up to date...
`libcompat.a' is up to date.
making sure the kern library is up to date...
`libkern.o' is up to date.
    compile  INSTALL/uvm_fault.o
     create  vers.c
    compile  INSTALL/vers.o
       link  INSTALL/netbsd
uvm_fault.o: In function `uvm_fault_internal':
uvm_fault.c:(.text+0x8e1): undefined reference to `memset'

*** Failed target:  netbsd
[...]

GENERIC{,.MP} both compile and link fine, but some "mysterious"
call to memset in uvm_fault.c isn't #defined to vax_memset.
("mysterious" as I've not found where this "memset" comes
from... ;-)

Kurt