Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

On Sat 30 Jan 2010 at 00:14:44 -0000, yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost wrote:
> Why would /usr influence /rescue/fsck_ffs?

I know that my idea about /etc/localtime was discounted, but you can try
it fairly easy anyway: give it a go with /usr mounted, but with
/etc/localtime pointing to some non-existent file. If that still works,
you could try moving aside one of the directories inside /usr, retry,
etc, until you find one where it starts failing. Then you can try the
same procedure inside that directory. It's a bit tedious though...

> --gene
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.