Re: TEMPer and TEMPerHUM usb thermometer driver

On Jan 31, 2010, at 14:31, Paul Goyette wrote:
Kewl!

The code looks pretty clean. Unless someone objects, I'd be happy to import this.

Do you actually have one of these? It would be nice to have someone to verify that the driver actually works in NetBSD! :)

Actually, this appeals to me. I am not running any -current machines 24/7, but would be happy to to test this.

I'm looking at picking up both a TEMPer, and a TEMPerHUM so that I can help test, and because I'd love to have such a thing running long term in my machine room at home. For $20, more than worth the cost. And if they driver's written, sign me up. :-)

There are also the TEMPerNTC and TEMPer1 devices listed within http://www.pcsensor.com/ . Does anyone have any solid feel whether those are also useful, or even how they are different? I'm having trouble figuring that out from the Chinese web site, but I'm not very experienced in this sort of component engineering either, so...

Thanks. Let me know anything you'd like or would need, I'll order a TEMPer and TEMPerHUM for myself soon, and could order others if a case for their usefulness can be determined.

                            - Chris