Re: cvs problem

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 09:39:07 -0500
Steven Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> From a security perspective, it's useless, since the cvs command is
> unprivileged and hence can't really enforce any privileges;

I fully agree, the user must have write privileges to the destination
directory anyway.

The only reason I could see would indeed be for a system where several
people sharing a repository have write access and inadvertent init is
unwanted; but since the people need write privileges to commit or init,
they could wreak havoc in any number of ways.
--
Matt