Re: Some fixes in MI code regarding PAE

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:53:52PM +0000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

> I think you should cap the RSS limit ar VM_MAXUSER_ADDRESS in case someone
> ever enhances UVM to track RSS.  There is little point in having more
> pages resident than you are allowed to address.

Actually it is insame to use these physical limits for the rlimit values.
The 'rlimit' values should be set to sane constants almost regardless
as to the size of the machine.

Remember a non-roor user can increase the 'soft' limit to the 'hard'
limit - so a single process can then use all the system resource.
A root user can always increase the soft andhard limits.

For RSS on i386 a limit of 3G is not a limit.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost